Wednesday, August 20, 2008

A Introduction to a Blogger..... Carrie

I am a senior at the Metropolitan State College of Denver and a self-professed "political junkie". I will receive a B.A. in "Political History" this December from the Individualized Degree Program at Metro State. I am an active member in my community of Douglas County and am looking forward to a career in public service following graduation. I believe, strongly, that each of us has the power to change the world. Through active participation in our communities, each one of us can make a difference in the lives of others. In the future, I hope to play an active role in local politics and help shape policy which will continually enhance the lives of Colorado residents and beyond. I encourage everyone to explore ways to get involved your own community, and to become actively aware, and engaged, in a cause for the greater good. I guarantee that the benefits will far outweigh the costs.

If everyone gives just a small piece of their time and energy, together, we can make a difference.


Favorite Quotes:
"Ordinary people can accomplish extraordinary things." - Greenpeace
"...Be the change you want to see in the world." -Gandhi

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What an amazing opportunity. As a MSCD Alum, I am proud to see what you are all doing for the Denver metro community. Keep up the good work and great attitudes!